Wednesday, June 8

Musings

I created a blog account so I could comment on someone else's blog. I am not certain
I will write in this blog. I am very private, but I could change my mind. I am not
so sure anyone would want to read what's goes on in my head. 40% of the time it
is pretty chaotic, the rest of the time it's pretty normal.

I get what we call the willies. I have -- NHL (Non-Hodgkins
Lymphoma) NHL...looks like some national hockey league.

a little definition of what i have.... cancer of the cells of the lymphatic system. In non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, cells in the lymphatic system divide and grow without order or control, or old cells do not die as cells normally do. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma can start almost anywhere in the body. It may occur in a single lymph node, in a group of lymph nodes, or in an organ such as the spleen.

Enough of the boring stuff....it can make your head hurt....I will be a
survivor.....that I know....


I am Jewish, and my parents were survivors of the Holocaust. I think most day's my
parent's who are now deceased are my cheerleaders. I tell myself my treatment is
a picnic in comparison to their days in the camps.

I am eternally greatful to all the humans who set them free.

Having said I won't write....here I am writing...so a little about
me. I worry....too much....I like to fix things....I have the best partner in the world.
Fabulous sisters, brother-in-laws, neices and nephews. A stupendous
job....I am pretty lucky...(cept for this NHL....but this will pass)


Enough for me now.

Shalom to all,
Sarah

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Hi Sarah,

I wanted to thankyou for your suggestions on my blog concerning the Panic Attacks..Very much appreciated.

I also started my blog because I wanted to comment on someone elses..Don't worry..Everything looks fine..Your doing great!

Goodluck and postive wishes for your treatments..My mother had the same thing...Thankfully it's been over 10 yrs and she's doing great.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I am so glad that you have a blog now and, btw, it looks great to me! I too am a very private person - nobody who knows me in my everyday life knows my blog address. I hope one day to be able to share it with my close family and friends. But,for now, I just feel like writing openly, without having to filter what I say for fear of someone's reaction. Plus, I am meeting some great people via my blog whom I consider friends, one of which is you.

After reading about your parents having survived the Holocaust and you going through treatment for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, I see that strength runs in your family. I could tell how strong of a person you are just from your writings to me.

Congrats on your last month of treatment! And, I laughed about the national hockey league joke as, being canadian, that's the first thing that comes to mind when I see NHL. You've figured out the best trick of all to get through life, which is to maintain a sense of humor even at the worst of times.

You are a wonderful person and I look forward to reading more of your entries so please don't stop blogging. Oh, reading about your sister really cracked me up! I have four sisters, and believe you me, I am all too familiar with what I call 'verbal diarrhea'. :)

All the best,
Katie

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home